The process of Licensing and how the Council communicate
Hello, my name is John Bullock Director of City Sales & Lettings property consultants and I wanted to quickly guide you on the process of Licensing and how the Council communicate.
1. Don't worry if you get a Non Compliance report. It is a term you use to describe a property not conforming to License conditions but it might mean a battery not working in a smoke detector.
2. The City Council work with the landlord/Agent to make the property compliant which sometimes means putting a battery in a smoke detector.
3. That the process is one of education to raise standards and is not in itself punitive. I.e. The License is not revoked.
4. Punitive action can follow were the landlord/agent fails to comply within a reasonable time the work they requested.
5. That failing to confirm appointments on more than one occasion generates a risk from the perspective of the Licensing Team but is not necessarily anyone fault because it's a three way trick between Licensing, tenant & landlord/agent.
6. It is the practice of the Licensing Team to write to the License Holder to update them on events so don’t worry if you get a letter.
Did you know regardless of letters received by The Council we have;
1. I and my team make several calls to the Licensing Team to arrange appointments with my senior team members to facilitate inspections after the cancellation of the first appointment. Often due to tenants.
2. That I think it's important to use experienced team members to educate the less experienced team.
3. That in time when the inspections becomes common practice my less experienced staff will be practised in their delivery.
4. A Wednesday or Friday are days for inspections for our senior team.
Did you know action we have taken already to support positive outcomes on Licensing Inspections?
1. Since inception our AST contain the following;
a) Proof of service for EPC, R2R, H2R & gas cert.
b) Contain the prescribed information for DPS.
c) Anti-social order caveat in our Lease agreements.
d) All files are audited before archiving - no archive occurs unless the file is compliant & complete.
As always if you have any questions please get in touch by calling 0151 928 0382 or emailing email@example.com
We are available 365 days of the year.
Our staff are here to help and assist you
Mon - Thur 9am - 6pm
Fri - 9am - 5pm
Sat 10am - 3pm
Phone: 0151 523 6203